The Trustee Directors decided at their May 2009 meeting to report the topics that were discussed at their committee meeting. Discussion on Society matters is welcomed on the ‘Forum’.
In order of discussion:
1. A minute’s silence to remember former Director Derek Mellor and to consider a fitting means of recognising his huge contribution to the Society.
2. Update on Knowle Green Community Project – initial planning steps commencing.
3. Plans for the Society’s part in the Knowle Festival in June.
4. Decision to abandon attempts to explore a meeting about the NHS Trust.
5. Safe Routes to School project update – concern at lack of public meeting, plans to lobby action against current proposals.
6. Bus Timetable changes – notification of impending new timetable.
7. Christmas Lights – update.
8. Updates on Marina planning application and Sainsburys and Waitrose projects.
9. Proposed new Environment (natural world) committee for the Society.
10. Agreed to obtain costs for new display/storage cabinets for the Local History Centre.
11. Agreed to Bryan Smart becoming the new Membership Secretary.
12. Website and Newsletter content discussion.