The Trustee Directors decided at their May 2009 meeting to report the topics that were discussed at their committee meetings. This is the second such report. Discussion on Society matters is welcomed on the ‘Forum’.
In order of discussion:
1. Update on Knowle Green Community Project – initial planning steps commencing.
2. Plans for the Society’s part in the Knowle Festival in June.
3. Safe Routes to School project update – continued concern about aspects of the handling of this project – noted assurance of senior Council officials that the project is not ‘set in stone’ – discussed plans for the agreed public meeting.
4. Bus Timetable changes – report on recent timetable changes – not much change for travel between Knowle and Solihull – adherence to schedules improving – levels of passengers below economic threshold.
5. Christmas Lights – successful meeting held to plan for this Christmas – investigation proposed (at the recommendation of the police) into temporarily closing the stretch of the Kenilworth Road in front of the church.
6. Received report from the Treasurer.
7. Received updates from and had helpful discussions with two Councillors.
8. Updates on Marina planning application and Sainsburys and Waitrose projects – no news this month. Growing concerns about traffic (lorries and cars) that will pass through Knowle to get to Sainsbury’s in Dorridge.
9. Received report from Community Services committee.
10. Received report from Meetings & Social committee – discussed presentations by speakers at main meetings.
11. Received report from Local History committee.
12. Received report from Newsletter and Website editor.
13. Discussed implementation of new drive to get members to use Standing Orders.