Knowle will be celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the designation of our Conservation Area on Saturday 21st July. Please put the date in your diary now.
With the Church and Guild House at its heart, the Conservation Area has 87 nationally and locally listed buildings and protects our village. Our celebrations, from 11:30am to 4:00pm, will be for all the family, and will include:
- A Trail for the children to follow and find answers to clues as shown on a Treasure Map;
- Guided walking tours of the village;
- the opening of the church tower;
- an exhibition marquee outside the Guild House;
- Afternoon teas in the Guild House. There will be a longer walk from the Legion to The Guild House at 12:00 noon and a shorter walk from the Guild House to the Library at 2:00pm. Well behaved dogs on leads are welcome. More guided walks will be arranged subject to demand.
- The high point of the day will be the visit of the Mayor of Solihull, Cllr Flo Nash, who will mark the occasion by cutting the celebration cake at 1.30pm.