The Government has announced increased restrictions to control the ‘spike’ in infections. There are new general rules in England and further tightening for residents of Solihull, Birmingham and Sandwell due to local increases in cases.
When seeing friends and family you do not live with you should:
- meet in groups of 6 or less
- follow social distancing rules
- limit how many different people you see socially over a short period of time
- meet people outdoors where practical: meeting people outdoors is safer than meeting people indoors because fresh air provides better ventilation
For local residents:-
If you live in the affected areas, we advise that you should not:
- host people you do not live with in your home or garden, unless they’re in your support bubble
- meet people you do not live with in their home or garden, whether inside or outside of the affected areas, unless they’re in your support bubble
Your household is defined as the people you live with and any support bubble.
A support bubble is where a household with one adult joins with another household (on an exclusive basis).
Households within a bubble can still visit each other, stay overnight and visit public places together.
For more information, including exceptions, see:-
This is Mental Health Awareness Week and during these especially difficult times, it is important to be kind to others and kind to yourself. If you are struggling, there is support available. You are not alone. Click here for resources and advice on how to stay on top of your mental wellbeing whilst staying at home.
Please remember – if you are ill, whether or not that illness is COVID, seek help.
The circulation of the hard copies of this edition of the newsletter was suspended due to the restrictions on movement and the need for great care. Now things have eased a little distribution is at last underway.
We were faced with the need to make major changes to the content and to suspend our meetings and walks programmes. As a result we are not issuing a Programme Card as in previous years. Events – when we are able to hold them, will be publicised in subsequent Newsletters and through these emails.