What is The Knowle Society?
- A charity formed in 1962 to maintain the character of the Village. Registered Number 1111085
- On 1st October 2005 the Society became a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales, Company Number: 05514023.
- Registered Address: West & Co., Office 2, Greswolde House, 197b Station Road, Knowle, Solihull B93 0PU
The Objects of The Knowle Society
- To promote high standards of planning and architecture in Knowle
- To inform the public about the geography, history, natural history and architecture of Knowle
- To secure the preservation protection, development and improvement of features of historic or public interest in Knowle so that the pressure for development does not destroy our heritage.
Achieving these aims
- The Society works constructively with the local authority and the community at large by careful study of development plans and seeking dialogue with all parties concerned.
- The Society shows appreciation to planning applicants where it believes that especially good developments have been proposed.
- Specialist committees address local issues and interest areas.
- The Society arranges speakers on a range of interesting topics of local and national interest and arranges occasional visits and local walks.
- The Society publishes a quarterly newsletter and this website to keep its large membership informed and involved in its activities.