Memorandum & Articles of Association
Memorandum and Articles of Association of The Knowle Society
See attachment below for the current Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- At the Annual General Meeting of 7th February 2015, members approved major revisions to the Memorandum and Articles of Association. An earlier approved resolution proposed by a member at the AGM reinstated the words ‘Preserve and’ to clause 3.4 of the Memorandum of Association.
- The Memorandum and Articles of Association were approved by the members at an Extraordinary General Meeting on 6th June 2005.
- The limited company was incorporated on 20th June 2005 and amended by special resolution on 25th August 2005.
- This proposal established The Knowle Society as a company limited by guarantee and was ratified at a Special General Meeting on 19th September 2005.
- At the AGM of 24th November 2008, members agreed the first subscription rate for the new membership category of Corporate Member to be set at five times the current rate of Family Membership. This new category will carry a single vote that ranks equally with an ordinary member vote.
- At the AGM of 22nd November 2010, members agreed that future AGMs will be held in February, the first one after that resolution being held in February 2012.
Maps showing the areas encompassed by Knowle Ecclesiastical Parish and Knowle Ward (Political)
The political boundary map shows Knowle Ward for electoral representation purposes, however the ‘area of benefit’ of The Knowle Society is defined as the Ecclesiastical Parish of Knowle, which is slightly different. See attachments below